out of egypt, into the Great Laugh of Mankind, and i shake the dirt from my sandals as i run

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

number nine

9.



















Phoenix - It's Never Been Like That

Remember during the run-up to the Iraq war, when all the best patriots started boycotting French products? Those were the fucking days, man. I hate the terrorists and I love America very much, so while I didn't deliberately participate in the boycott, I probably did it subconsciously, and I think it's why I wasn't into the band Phoenix until this year.

But how can it be? How could a country that didn't want to fight the evil bad terrorists have produced a band that produced such a good record this year? The answer: Sofia Coppola. Sofia Coppola had sex with the man in the picture and gave him some special powers, and he put the powers on his band and then they made a really good album.

I am pretty sure that this is what happened. If there are any scientists reading my blog, please confirm this.

But let me put my scientific expertise aside for a minute. Do you know why this is one of the best albums of the year? Because (and this shows my true colors as a so-called "indie fan") it doesn't require any effort. It's fun to listen to the first time, and it's just as fun to listen to the thirtieth time. No more, no less.

If you've heard this album and you don't like it, then your reason is probably something along the lines of this: All the songs sound the same! But naysayers, listen to me. Isn't it time we all embraced the ten-of-the-same-song pop album? That one song, which you claim occurs ten times on this CD, is a fucking amazing song!!! More of that same song in 07, I say! Who's with me!!!!!!!


Download: Rally

and would it kill you buy it?

(stay tuned for #8. I wasn't kidding about this one-a-day thing.)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're damn right you weren't kidding about the one-a-day. There are eight to go though and I'm taking wagers now on whether you'll be able to stay on schedule.

12/12/2006 1:47 PM

 
Blogger Brian said...

I'm not anonymous! WTF

12/14/2006 9:32 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home