out of egypt, into the Great Laugh of Mankind, and i shake the dirt from my sandals as i run

Thursday, January 05, 2006

five chapters no songs

The Last Two Weeks: A Five Parter

1) In Which My Family Vacates
we went hiking in a rainforest! it rained.

hey, the rainforest looks like summer camp if you adjust the white balance

on our flight home the whole plane played trivia against each other. I dominated because of my college education!

don't masquerade with a guy in shades, oh no
i can't believe it

2) In Which My Google Status Changes
Recently the top result for googling me became this. I didn't write any of it, although I think some of the text is loosely inspired by a text message I wrote to Katey Rich. I did actually jump that high when I was still in college, though. I wonder what this will say to prospective future employers/friends/lovers?

speaking of which, my #5 result is the illegal drug use and (at the time) underage drinking of new years 04. maybe I should get that off the internet.

3) In Which New Years Happens Again Right On Schedule
happy two thousand six anno domini, everyone!


More detail to come in video form.

4) In Which Miranda July And Jack Handey Have A Kid
Didn't really happen. Won't. But imagine it real!

Here's a radio piece by Miranda July that I caught completely by accident. It's streaming and it's not great quality, but it's nice.

This is Jack Handey's piece in this week's New Yorker. I didn't write it, and for that I am sorry.

5) In Which Teren Peck Sells JDate
Is that Teren Peck on the JDate billboard in times square??? Yes it is. Or is it!!!!!!!!!! Yeah, I think it is!

fake teren peck

real teren peck (courtesy of facebook)

Okay, I'm going to bed. But finally, some Italian guys emailed me a few weeks ago and asked me about my favorite albums of the year, and they factored my results into the huge list they complied at their blog. They link to me, so I figure I should do it back. That's the etiquette, right? Or should I say...NETIQUETTE!?!?!? I should, shouldn't I.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sure that your mentioning Teren on this blog will sky-rocket her fame to even higher levels than billboards at Times Square can.

It may also continue the trend of confused head-scratching when the ordinary passers-by see Teren Peck (or various incarnations) in a Jewish context, as they think "What is this shiksa doing with J-date/summer camp?"

And also, who is that hot chick next to Teren?

1/08/2006 1:57 AM

 
Blogger adam said...

OH MY GOD IT'S JOE ALEXIOU

1/14/2006 6:35 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home