out of egypt, into the Great Laugh of Mankind, and i shake the dirt from my sandals as i run

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

just links

some awesome things:

- Film Forum is showing a Hitchcock film every day for a month starting December 9! And they're all 35mm prints (if you don't know what that means, it means something awesome)! These are the ones you have to see: Foreign Correspondent, The 39 Steps, North by Northwest, and the 1956 Man Who Knew Too Much. Also Dial M For Murder in 3D!!! wtf.

- a good essay in which we learn why we are too old to listen to death cab but we still like to sort of

- Anniemal!

- a live panel discussion of Trapped in the Closet. featuring aziz ansari. friday at midnight. this is going to be the greatest thing ever, ever.

- a machine that makes up hispter t-shirts automatically, like a machine. the point is that hispters are stupid, right? i have all these shirts by the way.


only links tonight. maybe tomorrow i'll put up a picture or something

4 Comments:

Blogger adam said...

i guess i didn't realize that hipster was spelled the way it's pronounced. my bad.

also, steve's right: I haven't seen the maltese falcon. so don't listen to anything i have to say about hitchcock movies. it just makes sense!

11/30/2005 7:53 PM

 
Blogger Caroline said...

When I went to the Death Cab concert a couple months ago I experienced exactly what the essay outlined. At nearly 22 I felt like the oldest person in there by maybe 5 years. In a brief bout of self-righteousness I initially scoffed at the little high school boys blocking my view with all their jumping, but the essay refers to their exuberance as "blameless arrogance" and it's totally dead on. Can't really blame those kids (ok maybe a little, but just the one who had a giant Izro that really did block my view).

As long as I've got my inner 14-year-old girl sentimentality I don't think I'll be too old to like them.

And HOLY SHIT YES I have reserved my ticket for Friday night, bitch!

12/01/2005 11:30 AM

 
Blogger Dave R said...

the hipstert t-shirt generator just gave me, "my other car is a messenger bag." funny in its own right, but even funnier given the sticker in the rear window of the orange Toyota Celica GT at the Cove that read, "My other ride is your girlfriend." The car, it seemed, was owned and operated by the man who doled out the shoe rentals and bore an uncanny resemblance to Steve Buscemi.

-dr

12/02/2005 1:59 AM

 
Blogger notjesslane said...

why does the tshirt generator always talk about clowns, houses, and spines? weird.

12/05/2005 5:08 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home