out of egypt, into the Great Laugh of Mankind, and i shake the dirt from my sandals as i run

Monday, January 22, 2007

What I Should've Said

Honoring a drunken promise I made to Sara on Saturday night, today I'm reentering the blog-sphere for 07 with a new, semi-regular, real-life feature. Listen up:

A lot of people are able to make the good first impression. A lot of people are able to make a good fifth impression. A lot of people are sharp, charming, always knowing the right thing to say, good listeners, great conversationalists. Able to talk to women in bars. Good for you guys.

Introducing: What I Should've Said.


Monday January 22, 2007. 8:25 am.

I'm getting dressed, just about to leave for work. Dave comes down the stairs, earlier than I expected him to be up. I'm listening to Guster.

I am not going to sit here and tell you that Guster came on shuffle. I'm a big enough man to admit that I was listening to Guster on purpose. Wait, I could have worded that better.

I turn the volume down quickly.

Dave: Don't try and turn that down, I already heard.

What I Said: Hey... uh whatever nothing wrong with a little Guster in the morning fuck you uuuuuuuuh I gotta go

What I Should've Said: Dave, I am doing research.


man this is going to be great.

2 Comments:

Blogger notjesslane said...

All of my big bad baddie punk rock friends back in new jersey all openly love guster. its an anomaly.

also guster songs are either ridiculously easy or ridiculously hard to learn on ukulele

1/22/2007 3:28 PM

 
Blogger paige worthy said...

What on EARTH is wrong with Guster? I <3 them.

2/02/2007 10:33 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home