out of egypt, into the Great Laugh of Mankind, and i shake the dirt from my sandals as i run

Sunday, February 12, 2006

my stupid phone

yesterday my phone, in a moment of rebellion (and high on drugs, no doubt), erased all my phone numbers. fucker. so today I just want to say to everyone who lists their phone number on facebook, or who's ever sent me a text message: thanks for the text message, or thanks for listing your number on facebook. I appreciate it.

now some things:

- an alarmingly academic and very readable essay on Eminem's ouevre (from the Believer)

- a sigur ros video. yeah, this is pretty much the aryan imagery I picture when I listen to sigur ros.

- two songs from the new belle and sebastian album, which is just so much better than history normally allows sixth albums to be: we are the sleepyheads and to be myself completely

- "jane lloyd", a neat short film I found some weeks ago and forgot to post.


ok, I'm going to go clean 6 feet of snow off my car. goodnight.

2 Comments:

Blogger Dave R said...

Is it presumptuous of me to call Quimby my handle?

The real revelation in the Eminem piece for me is that the Voice has had the same chief music critic since 1974. Yowza.

2/22/2006 2:29 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know this is a bit late, but it's not "ouevre", but "oeuvre". C'MON adam, just because 9 vowels mashed together makes the same noise (euh), doesn't mean you have to get lazy with your spelling for frenglish words. Sacre bleu.

3/12/2006 10:40 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home